This “Roasted Whole Cauliflower Tikka Masala” is made with roasted cauliflower cooked in a rich Tikka style curry. It is also called Roasted Gobhi Tikka Masala or Bloemkool Tikka Masala in dutch. For video instructions visit youtube link.
Ingredients Required : serves 4 person
- 2 packets Cook Curry Instant Tikka Masala Curry Mix
- 1 Whole Cauliflower
- 200ml Passata or 300ml pureed fresh Tomato
- 400ml Milk
- 100ml Cream
- 4 tbsp Oil
How to make roasted whole Cauliflower Tikka Masala:
- Cut the leaves and stalks of Cauliflower . Clean the head under running water and pat dry completely using an absorbing kitchen paper-towel.
- Take some water in a pot and add 1tsp salt ,place your whole cauliflower in the water and boil it for 5 minutes. Take enough water such that the whole cauliflower is dipped in water
- After boiling take it out from water and keep aside
- Now prepare curry. For preparing curry, stir curry mix in to milk; set aside
- Take a pan, add 4 tbsp oil on a medium heat, add Passata and cook for 2 -3 minutes or till oil starts separating
- Add Milk & Curry mixture, cook on a medium heat for 4 -5 minutes.
- Add cream; let it cook for a few minutes
- Once the curry is ready pour half of the curry over the Cauliflower and coat the entire Cauliflower . We will use other half later.
- Now roast cauliflower in the oven at 200 degrees for 25 minutes. Place the roasted cauliflower in the center of the serving plate and pour the remaining half of the curry all around the cauliflower.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and butter
- Serve roasted cauliflower tikka with onion rings on the side!
If you would like to make vegan version of this dish then use “Cook Curry Karahi Curry Mix” instead of Tikka Masala Mix and replace cow milk with plant based milk.