Any Indian curry served with Basmati rice is a complete meal.
Cooking perfect basmati rice is tricky sometimes . But with some tips ,you will be able to cook perfect rice
Let’s see how to cook perfect boiled rice.
Serving size for one person ?
100 grams of uncooked rice makes 250 grams of cooked rice which is sufficient for one person .
If you are cooking for 2 people you can take 200 grams of raw rice.
For best results wash your rice 2 to 3 times and soak them for 10 to 15 min in water.
How to boil :
- Take double quantity of water in a pot ( if you have taken 1 cup of rice then take 2 cup of water )
- Add some salt (optional) bring it to the boil on a high heat . Add your rice to the boiling water and
- Wait for the rice to start jumping around . Now bring your heat to medium and half cover your pot with lid
- For at least 10 min .after 10 min you see that water is all gone at that point of time switch off the heat .
- Cover your pot fully and let it sit in this position for 5 more minutes. Now its ready to serve .
Optional tip :
Boiling rice with some bay leaves ,cumin seeds and cinnamon gives wonderful flavours .
For more such posts, do join our mailing list.